A 21-month-old baby girl drowned in a water tub at her relative’s house in Sharjah’s central region. She was rushed to Al Dhaid Hospital but died before she could be taken to the emergency room.
Police said they received a call from the hospital at the operations room about the incident. A team of officers swung into action and reached the hospital and then the place of the accident. During interrogation and investigations, the cops found that the girl and her family had come on a visit to their relative’s house. The older sister was playing in the tub filled with water and asked the baby girl to join her. The toddler tried to get in and fell on her face into the tub. She swallowed a huge quantity of water that led to her suffocation and eventual death, the police revealed.
The medical team tried to revive her, but unfortunately, the girl was already dead, said Dr Samer Said Sulaiman, head of the emergency room in Al Dhaid Hospital.
He explained that drowning occurs as a result of suffocation, because the victim takes in a large amount of water. He urged parents to keep a close watch on their children’s movements to ensure their safety.